Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Autumn Tunic

So we had our family pictures this week, & I had decided to make matching tunics for the the girls with adorable belts to go around the waistline. I found this pattern on pinterest, & decided to give it a try. I had SOOOOO many problems getting the elastic to 'scrunch' the fabric around the waist & neck, until I was literally on my last try. I finally managed to get the elastic thread to feed through my bobbin properly, & voila, the cutest outfits ever!!! I LOVE how they turned out! My stitching was so much better then the halter top, I'm finally starting to get the hang of my Babylock Serger. The only problem I seemed to have was the belts kept coming loose, so my plan is to run some stitches to hold them in place. These pictures aren't the greatest because I had just washed them & forgot to iron them. Not too mention it's cold outside!!


2 comments:

  1. Love them, they are so cute, and the colors are perfect complimenting each other too :)

    ReplyDelete