Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

First Photo Shoot of 2012

So Saturday was the first photo shoot I've done in awhile. A close friend of mine referred this wonderful couple, & they messaged me two days prior to see if I was up to doing an engagement shoot with their '71 black Mustang. Mind you, it's been quite awhile since I've done a photo shoot. I decided to go for it. They were such a nice couple, & they look so incredibly happy. It was such an honor for me to photograph them.






From the heart....
For some reason, when it comes to photography, I get scared. I start shaking & usually I talk myself out of it. I don't know why, but I think I've always been just scared. Scared to follow my passion, maybe I'm just afraid I'll fail at it. I've had people bad mouth my photography & be unsupportive, & I sometimes let that get to me the most. This photo shoot, I was trembling, but I pushed harder then I ever have. It also helped that I have the most wonderful supportive husband, a best friend who never lets me quit, & a loving mother who has always believed in me, ever since the very beginning. Without them, I probably would have given up. I found an amazing strength when a recent event almost took the life of my daughter, a strength I didn't even know I had. Maybe, it's made me want to face my fears. If I can get through something that nearly destroyed my life, I can do this. I want to live my life with no regrets. I am a strong woman who has had an unbelievable life. It's made me the kind, comforting, loving, scared, humble person I am today. I may sometimes be misunderstood, but I'm living, with nothing or no one standing in my way, & I'm living it the way I want to. Thank you to everyone who always believed in me & supported me, even when I couldn't believe in myself.

1 comment:

  1. You bet you can do it!! {And you DID!} So proud of you on so many levels!! Don't let one opinion be the definition of your whole happiness :)

    ReplyDelete