Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

When Life Hands You Lemons...

Make a lemonade stand!!! So about a week ago, my husband told me to pick a project so I could learn how to start woodworking. I came across a lemonade stand on pinterest & told him that was what I wanted to make. Every night, he taught me how, & I did everything myself from hand sawing the wood to hammering. It's the first thing I've ever accomplished when it comes to making something with wood, & I completely love how it turned out. I also combined my talents, sewing a pennant banner & hand painting the sign. The pictures don't do it justice, & the banner I absolutely love, but I'll take some better pictures soon, It is far from perfect, but I made it so my kids would have something to play with outside, & maybe this summer we can actually sell some lemonade!
I made the lemonade stand for all my kids, but my daughter Jenaye is just so in love with it! 
After taking some pictures (with Hannah sleeping & Jaeger at school) we were inspired to make some hand-squeezed lemonade. Mmmmmm!! Nothing like lemonade for a sweet taste of summer! Now if summer would just hurry up! lol

1 comment: