Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Blueberry Banana Nut Bread

So I am proud to share my very first recipe. I have been working on perfecting my banana bread for almost 3 years, & after a recent family blueberry picking trip, I decided to try & make my very own blueberry banana nut bread. I sent a loaf of this bread into my husband's work, & they all LOVED it! It is by far my favorite recipe, & it's my very own! Hope you enjoy!!

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 large bananas
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
dash of salt
2 cups flour
Small handful of crushed nuts
1/2 cup of blueberries

1. Preheat the oven to 350'. Grease & flour one 9x5" pan.
2. Cream butter & sugars until smooth. Beat in eggs, then bananas. Mix in baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla extract, & salt. Add flour & crushed nuts stirring until combined. Gently fold in 1/2 cup of blueberries.
3. Pour into pan & bake for about 1 hour & 45 minutes. Bread will be golden brown & toothpick will come out clean. Time may differ with your oven.

Slice & butter. Enjoy!!
Recipe by: Christina Giehl

5 comments:

  1. sounds soooo yummy! I wish we could make this =(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The girls are allergic to blueberries which sucks cuz they're soooo good

      Delete
    2. Both of them?!! How terrible! They are so delicious! I tried that raspberry banana bread recipe & it was totally not my cup of tea. The blueberries & bananas blend so well together, it's amazing. So sorry though =(

      Delete