Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Summer Seashell Necklace


Sooo... I've got cabin fever big time! I decided to make some shell necklaces in anticipation for summer! This idea I found off pinterest. A really creative idea & super easy to make!

What you need:
melon seeds
shells
beads
fishing wire
needle



How to:

  • Cut up a melon & scoop out the seeds. Rinse them up using a strainer, & let them dry on a pan for a couple days.
  • Collect some seashells at the beach or buy them from your local craft store (what I did since I live in Alaska) I drilled holes in mine.
  • String the beads & melon seeds on the fishing wire. Use the needle to poke holes through the seeds.

Put the necklace on, pack your beach bag, & head out into summer in style!

4 comments:

  1. oooh I love it!!! It turned out nicely-especially love the teals :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I can't wait to wear it while soaking up some sun!! Come on summer!

      Delete
  2. If only we could just pack up our beach bags huh!? Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! The wait is the hardest!!! I actually found more shells in the clearance jewelry section at Michaels and made another basic one. Making sure I'm ready for summer this year!! Lol

      Delete