Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Mardi Gras & Brownies

So our family packed up & headed to the Red Cross Carnival yesterday. They had tons of stuff for the kids! They got paint, played basketball, bowling, tossed bean bags, looked at lizards, ate cupcakes & pretzels w/cheese, & got to win some prizes. My daughter chose this Mardi Gras mask & after she let me take pictures of her in it, I decided to use it for my photography challenge for the week.
Photography Challenge: Selective Color
I changed the photo to a black & white, brought the color back in for the mask & her eye, & added a texture layer. I really love my edits because she looks like a little catwoman.

Today I made my delicious brownies. I found this recipe years ago, & it's gotten the highest compliment I think a brownie can have.... "You don't even need any milk!" I make them for my husband's work all the time & for friends. Here is my secret recipe ~

1/2 cup butter
1 cup milk chocolate pieces
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
3/4 cup flour
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder




  1. Preheat oven to 350'. Lightly grease 9x9x2 pan w/ shortening.
  2. In a small heavy saucepan over low heat, combine butter & chocolate. Stir constantly until melted so mix does not burn. Remove from heat & let cool.
  3. Add brown sugar & vanilla to chocolate mix, stir. Add eggs, beat until mixed. Add flour, cocoa powder, salt, & baking powder, stir until mixed.
  4. Evenly spread batter in pan. Bake 25-30 mins.
I used a cookie cutter to cut out hearts & drizzled them with chocolate fudge frosting. Add some sprinkles & enjoy!!

1 comment: